Nicky Ramsay (Specialist Speech and Language Therapists) works part of each week in Benton Dene School. Kathryn Vincent is a speech therapist assistant who also comes into school to help deliver the programs that Nicky advises. Her role is to support the development of children’s communication, interaction, speech and language skills throughout school.
Nicky works closely with school staff to:
- Assess and identify children’s communication, speech and language needs.
- Set communication and language targets for individual children that can be integrated into everyday activities.
- Provide activities and resources that can be used in class.
- Support the use of specialist communication strategies throughout school.
- Provide regular individual or group therapy for children if appropriate.