Information for parents
|Letter for Parents-30th March 2020||Calming Strategies for Younger Children||Eating and Drinking Advice|
|Proprioception-Deep Pressure Activity||Sensory Based Sleep Activities||Calming Strategies for Older Children|
An identified Occupational Therapist works 2 days each week in Benton Dene School. Their role is to help children maintain and achieve their optimum level of independence so that they can participate to their full potential throughout school. Other members of the North Tyneside Children’s Occupational Therapy Team also work into the school.
The OT's work closely with school staff to:
- Assess and identify children’s occupational therapy needs in the following areas;
- Sensory processing,
- Fine and Gross motor skills
- Functional life skills such as dressing, toileting and feeding
- Set targets for individual children that can be integrated into School activities.
- Provide 1;1 or group therapy for children if appropriate.
- Provide advice on how to modify the task or the environment
- Provide sensory strategies to support children’s participation in school activities
- Provide individualised programmes for School staff and parents to support children’s targets.