At Benton Dene School we actively promote British values.
The Teachers’ Standards expect teachers to uphold public trust in the profession and maintain high standards of ethics and behaviour, within and outside school. This includes not undermining fundamental British values. To this end, we encourage our pupils to behave and think in a way that mirrors the ideals held in British society. We model behaviour and teach our pupils to:
- Appreciate and work within a democracy
- Understand and value the rule of law
- Appreciate individual liberty
- Respect and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs and for those without faith
At Benton Dene School, SMSC underpins our learning and personal development.
Through a strong emphasis on the Social, Moral, Spiritual and Cultural development of our pupils, Benton Dene School will:
- Enable students to develop their self-knowledge, self-esteem and self-confidence
- Enable students to distinguish right from wrong and know how this applies is society
- Encourage students to accept responsibility for their behaviour, show initiative, and to understand how they can contribute positively to the lives of those living and working in the locality of the school and to society more widely
- Enable students to acquire a broad general knowledge of and respect for public institutions and services
- Promote tolerance and harmony between different cultural traditions by enabling students to acquire an appreciation of and respect for their own and other cultures
- Encourage respect for other people
Please click the links to view our assemblies for this year
Below is an example of one of the PowerPoints we have used in assembly recently.
Pupils who attend green zone social club had a princess party at the end of the spring term! They all dressed up and listened to their favourite music.
A few students from our school wrote a letter to Chris Packham telling him about all the different things they have done to support the environment in their area. Chris sent us a video reply. The students were very happy to get a message from someone they have seen on television!
Red 2 have been learning about how to look after plants and keep the outside area clean in our school allotment. Take a look at the gallery below to see what they've done.
At Benton Dene pupils all agree to a set of class rules at the start of the year. These rules are within view in all classes and support our pupils in understanding how to behave in the classroom environment. Take a look below for some examples of golden rules.